Panama approves ATC investment

An additional $8 million was approved by the Republic of Panama´s National Economic Council (CENA) for the Civil Aviation Authority to begin construction of a new Air Traffic Control and Radar Approach Centre.
Minister of Economy and Finance, Alberto Vallarino said the Civil Aviation Authority should incorporate resources for 40% of the estimated $20 million investment in the budget this year, and by 2012, the remaining 60%, equivalent to $12 million.
The new infrastructure will also house the administrative offices of the Air Navigation and Communication Department and overall navigation and surveillance facilities.
The complex will become the centre that governs airworthiness throughout the country and administrative offices for air traffic services, telecommunications, aviation meteorology and information.